Ian and Jaxon

Ian and Jaxon

Friday, August 21, 2009

Halloween in August

My mom found a Lil Stinker Halloween outfit online and I had to get it for him. My nickname for Ian is "Stinkbutt" so what a perfect choice for his first Halloween. I got it in the mail this week and decided to put it on to see how it looks.


Ima and I were laughing the entire time he had it on. I'm not sure what he hated more, the camera flashing or us laughing at him. It was too funny!

He probably didn't like it too much because he has a cold. I took him to the doctor today to have him checked out. He didn't sleep well last night. When he woke up this morning he had some labored breathing so I knew I wanted to get him seen. I don't want to be the mom who rushes her kid to the doctor at every sniffle. I waited until his sleep was disrupted. Dr. Miller said his lungs and ears were all perfect and that this should take a few days to get over. They weighed him while I was there...15lbs...Yup that's my chunky money for sure. His next checkup isn't until the 31st but I went ahead and asked her if his weight gain should be a cause of concern. She said he looked great and is probably going through a growth spurt. He eats 6-7 ounces every 2-3 hours. I've asked other parents who have kids Ian's age and they're eating only 4-5 ounces (of formula, not breastmilk). Dr. Miller told me his appetite will change as he does and everything was okay. I didn't want to have to not feed him as much because he acts like he's starving to death when I feed him. I'll have his stats after his next appointment.

No comments: