Ian and Jaxon

Ian and Jaxon

Monday, July 13, 2009

Ian's first wedding




We took Ian to a wedding of a friend on Saturday night. It was not the best conditions for his first wedding. First off, it was 108. It was in the middle of his naptime so I was hoping he could sleep through the whole thing. The wedding was in a warehouse downtown, which used to be an electric company. The A/C wasn't working great because there were broken windows in the warehouse. We were all sweating, including Ian. Our seat was upstairs so Jason and I lugged all of our stuff (we travel with so much stuff now) upstairs, where it was hotter. Luckily, our friend Tony was the DJ and he found an air vent that I could sit under to cool Ian and myself off. To give you the big picture...I used Ian's bib for wipe sweat....classy right. I had to change his diaper on the ground...changing pad down first, but still on the ground??? Wasn't too thrilled about it. Anyways, we both cooled off. Ian fell asleep on my shoulder, but as soon as the Mariochi band came in with all their horns...all bets were off. His nap was OVER and so was our time at the wedding. Jason missed partaking in the open bar, but we left in time to get Ian home, give him a bath, fed and off to baby dreamland all by 10p. Ian did well for the most part and was definitely very popular. He had such a cute outfit on and I wish I took better pics, but all hands had to be available to keep him happy during the ceremony and reception.

No comments: