Ian and Jaxon

Ian and Jaxon

Friday, January 23, 2009

The Friday Flutter

I've had a rough couple of days. I finally experienced a floodgate of my emotions. Work is hectic right now. There's so much piled up on us and not enough time to get it all done. I left work yesterday and on my way home I called the lady I wanted to use as a sitter for when I go back to work to see if I could stop by and sign the contract. She informed me that my spot had been taken. I felt like an 18 wheeler just ran me over. I really wish she would have called me and let me know someone wanted the spot I thought was mine. I barely got off the phone before the waterworks began. I cried all the way home from work and more when I got home. I couldn't believe that this had happened. Work was so hectic last week, I forgot to go by there. Lesson learned. Poor Louie....he wasn't sure what to do with me as I wallered on the couch in my own self pity. Jason was working overtime on a robbery case so I couldn't call him. It just sucks that I thought I found the perfect place for the baby and poof....gone.

So that was Thurday...on to Friday. I didn't sleep much last night. Too much on my mind about the crushing blow from the day before. I got to work and was busy from the moment I stepped into Berkner. I had to go and talk to two freshmen classes. The first one went very smoothly. They were respectful, attentive and asked great questions. The second one was the complete opposite. They were the worst class ever. I had flashbacks from my 7th period my first year teaching. I even went off on one of the kids. I was so ready to get done with the day.

I came home and was ready to veg on the couch. I got my new issue of US Weekly and was reading up on all the latest gossip when I felt the flutter. It felt like my stomach moved and bubbles were in my tummy. It was the neatest feeling. I can't wait to experience more movement. This was a great way to finish out a lousy week.

1 comment:

Cindy Edwards said...

Sorry you had such a bad day. I remember the first time I felt Carson move. It's an unbelievable feeling and it just keeps getting better.