Ian and Jaxon

Ian and Jaxon

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Baby's 1st Cop Prom

For the past 5 years Jason and I have attended the Dallas Police Association's annual formal to honor its members and to have a great time. Its a fun event I've named Cop Prom because you get to buy a new dress (I actually wore the same dress from last year because it still fit...I love empire waisted stuff), get a hotel room and have a fun, alcohol induced night with your friends. This is the first morning after Cop Prom where I'm not hungover and miserable. I have to admit, it was nice. Jason's still sleeping it off. Being the only sober one there I was able to really take a look around and people watch. I saw more red, glazed over eyes than I ever have and a lot of girls having trouble walking in their heels. I just had to think...last year, I was that girl. I did have a good time though. They paid tribute to Norm Smith, the DPD officer who was killed in the line of duty earlier this month. The bagpipers and the tribute video brought on more tears. I really don't need a reason to bring on the waterworks these days. Chris Allen, a K-9 officer won officer of the year and everyone had a good time socializing and seeing old friends. This may have been our last Cop Prom for a while, but we've had so much fun over the past 5 years.

1 comment:

Karla said...

If you want to continue going to "Cop Prom" I don't think you will have a problem finding a baby sitter!