Ian and Jaxon

Ian and Jaxon

Friday, September 18, 2009

We survived!

I returned to work today which was really hard for me. Ian must have known something was up because he woke up at 5am Thursday morning and 6am this morning (not normal at all for him). It was nice though to get to feed him this morning and get some silly grins. My mom showed up about 6:30am. Ian was ready for a nap about 7:30am so I was able to rock him to sleep this morning. That's when it hit me. The waterworks started as I rocked him to sleep. They were on full blast as I put him into his crib. I needed to dry it up so I could make it to work on time. It didn't help that when I got ready to leave my mom was crying too. Seeing my mom cry made me cry even more. Walking out the door was probably the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm so happy my mom was there to take care of my little man, but it was still hard to leave. I cried until I got about halfway to work. I was very busy today doing senior guidance (basically I met with all my seniors about college and the year ahead). The day flew by and I only called home twice to check on Ian. When I got home Ian was napping so I was able to change and then get him when he woke up. I got big, silly grins and he had a nice blowout in my lap. Aww...I loved every moment. He had a nice long bath and then off to dreamland. Being gone today made me appreciate every single moment I have with Ian. I don't think Monday will be any easier for me, but it probably won't be easy for Jason either. Keep your fingers crossed for him as he'll be spending the day by himself with Ian.

No comments: