Mommy and Ian
My first bath at home
Louie keeps a watchful eye over "his baby"
Ian Gorden is 1 week and 3 days old. We went to see Dr. Miller this morning to have his jaundice checked and to get a look at his weight. He's not a big fan of getting weighed because I have to strip him down. Everyone loves a naked baby, except him! Anyways, last week when we were at the doctor he weighed 5lbs 10 ozs. It's normal for babies to lose weight right away, but since he was small at 6lbs 2 ozs I was worried he would lose too much weight. (He sleeps a lot and is a lazy eater. I have to wake him to feed him and he usually falls asleep midway through his feeding) Well, Ian surprised me and put on almost a pound this past week. He weighs 6lbs 7 ozs. Dr. Miller said she was proud of Jason and I. I knew he was a good eater, but this made me feel like a good mom. Jason of course thought he was going to be 6 1/2 lbs because looking at his face and belly, he's filling out.
We have figured out some things about Ian (all through trial and error and some advice from my mom (Ima):
1) He doesn't like to sleep on his back. He is a side sleeper. I tried to get him to sleep on his back, but he wasn't having it. After one sleepless night, we figured out if he's on his side, he's a happy and sleeping baby, which makes momma happy.
2) Because he's a side sleeper and a skinny baby, when he goes to the bathroom it comes out of his diaper onto his leg and onesie....so after numerous wardrobe changes and loads of laundry, we have started to double diaper him so he doesn't get his poop and pee all over him.
3) He doesn't like to be wet...If his onesie is wet, he's not happy!
4) He makes the cutest noises when he's about to fall asleep. I can't explain them, but they make me smile.
5) He gets his gas from his daddy. Ian can burp and pass gas like a man already. I'm going to be in real trouble when he gets older.
6) Last, but not least...he loves to sleep on my chest. He takes some if his best naps snuggling with me, which I love. I don't want him to get any bigger...he's perfect right now.
5) He gets his gas from his daddy. Ian can burp and pass gas like a man already. I'm going to be in real trouble when he gets older.
6) Last, but not least...he loves to sleep on my chest. He takes some if his best naps snuggling with me, which I love. I don't want him to get any bigger...he's perfect right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment