Ian and Jaxon

Ian and Jaxon

Friday, May 1, 2009

Pure Exhaustion

This week is TAKS week, which means lots of work, long and boring days all for recognition from the state. After two busy weekends in a row and then having to deal with TAKS, I'm just wore out. Last night I went to bed at 7pm...yup...It wasn't even dark outside, but I didn't care. I took some Tylenol PM for my back, let Louie out to take care of his business and then we went to bed. Jason was working an extra job so he wasn't going to be home until midnight anyway. I woke up for a brief minute when Jason got home and then back to bed. After 11 hours of sleep, drug induced or not, it still felt good and my back felt better this morning.

Everyone keeps wondering and worrying about the Swine Flu here in Richardson. I keep my hand santitizer in my pocket and have used it non-stop this week. They've closed one elementary school and there are some more "probable" cases around the district, but nothing near where my school is. There are many that are doing the "Swine Flu" dance so we can have a vacation. I would love to have a few days off, but only if we don't have to make up the days in the summer. If we can get an exemption for making up the days, then bring on the cancellation. I know that its not a good comparision, but TEA gives exemptions for Tornados, Hurricanes and other natural disasters...this Pig Flu is close enough for us. If not, then I'll be happy to get my days in now so on June 11th I can leave BHS and not look back until October.

Jason and I have another doctors appointment on Monday. We start going every two weeks now and then we have an appointment to tour Baylor Hospital's Labor and Delivery. I'm very excited to see where I'll deliver. Only 8 weeks to go! It seemed so far away for so long and now its getting closer and closer. I'm planning on going to IKEA tomorrow to look for a storage system for the baby's closet. This way I'll have places to put all the great gifts Baby Scoggins has received. I'll take pictures just as soon as I get it all put up.

No comments: