Ian and Jaxon

Ian and Jaxon

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

32 week checkup

I had another appointment yesterday which was another quick one. Urine (normal), weight (normal), blood pressure (normal)....any questions? Nope...okay appointment done! It take me longer to walk from the car to the office then it does in these appointments. I guess I'm lucky that they're so quick and I'm having a very routine pregnancy.

Jason and I also had scheduled a tour of Baylor's Labor and Delivery last night. So after a quick (10 minute appointment) we had about 2 hours to kill before going downtown. We ended up at Hobby Lobby to get some frames for his police awards so I can finally hang them up in the study and also for the puppy pictures I'm enlarging and framing for the nursery. Then we headed to Babies R US where I bought a baby book so I can keep all Baby Boy's memories for his first 5 years.

6 o'clock finally rolled around and our tour started. Our tour guide was a doula who also teachs childbirth classes and has had 5 kids of her own (all at Baylor). The tour started out by showing us where to park. She let us know the cross streets and directions on where to go. Jason just smiled because directions are "his thing". Next, we went into the Labor and Delivery entrance. They have a Maternity Observation section next to L & D so if you think you're in labor you can go there instead of trying to be admitted. They'll check you out and either send you home or over to L&D. We got to see what a L&D suite looks like and also where the Nursery is and where I'll be after the baby is born. We also got to hear about all the safety procautions they take. For example: The baby will have a gps tracker on his ankle (aka Baby LoJack) so if he is taken too close to an elevator, the alarm will sound, lights will sound and the elevator will shut down. There's also a "word of the day" which only the staff and patients know so if you aren't sure if someone's supposed to be there you can ask them what the word of the day is. Jason and I felt very comfortable there and are excited. We even talked about packing our overnight bags and what we needed to take. It will be here before we know it. Now all I need to do is wash the big piles of baby clothes in the nursery and get everything put away. My mom is coming over this weekend to help and we're going to stencil paw prints on the wall. I'll post some pictures next week.

No comments: