Ian and Jaxon

Ian and Jaxon

Monday, December 29, 2008

Baby update


I had a doctors appointment this morning. This was the appointment where I get a full body checkup including bloodwork and an ultrasound. We sat down with the nurse and she asked a bunch of questions about my family history. Then the doctor came in and asked more questions about if its a boy do we want him circumsized. Jason answered that one for us (A BIG YES). We got to hear the baby's heartbeat and that was a very neat experience. Jason videotaped it, but there's no sound. We'll try again next visit and hopefully post the video. The doctor said everything looked good. I've gained four pounds, which after everything I've eaten over the holidays I'm happy with. My blood pressure was good (must be because its Winter Break). Jason also jumped on the scale and he's gained 5 pounds. Our next appointment is in four weeks and we'll have another sonogram and hopefully get to see what the sex will be. This will settle the big dispute Boy vs. Girl.

We then went to look at baby furniture. We went to Babies R Us. The last time I went in there was for a baby shower gift and I broke out in hives. That was 3 years ago, so I guess I must be ready because no reaction this time. Jason and I will continue to look for furniture...its kind of expensive so we'll let you know what we decide on.

I've attached a picture of my "baby gut" at 14 weeks. I'm in the between stage where I feel more fat than pregnant.

1 comment:

Momo said...

What a beautiful mother!